Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wedding Week Madness

It's our Wedding Week!! Only 3 more days!


We are all packed and ready to go to St. Lucia!! GT packed his bags on Sunday (in like 30 minutes). I finally finished packing over Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights.

My bridesmaids got really creative and provided me with an assortment of honeymoon outfits for GT's viewing pleasure ONLY! They asked me to name them all according to something that GT loves. What else could I pick besides baseball players? We have the Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson, Derek Jeter, Matt Kemp, Marquis Grissom, Juan Pierre (known by the bridesmaids as someone else), and the Ron Polk-- sure to be the least scandalous. Thank you, Kathleen!


Each outfit is strategically concealed in a Ziplock bag with the name written on the outside. I'll let y'all know his favorite player later on!


The Honeymoon!

Now, that we are packed, I CANNOT wait to get down to St. Lucia!! We are staying in Ladera Resort. It is an "open-air" resort nestled in the mountains near the Pitons (really old, really tall volcanoes that formed the island millions of years ago when God told it to do that). Each suite only has 3 walls, which means that our fourth wall is a beautiful view of the ocean and Pitons! Think extremely nice treehouse with your very own plunge pool! It's no secret that I am NOT an outdoorsy kind of girl, but I could not resist the beauty and uniqueness of this location!

We will wake up to this every morning!

example of a Ladera suite

We plan to do some awesome (and completely unlike-me) things while in St. Lucia. We WILL climb one of the Pitons. We even got mountain climbing shoes for Christmas to do this! I've been working on the cardio side of things to get physically ready. Gt, on the other hand.. Not so much.. Ha! Anyways, we want to go deep sea fishing, and if we catch anything, the chef at the resort will cook it! How legit is that?! We want to do a tree-top zip-lining excursion, which I can only imagine is BEAUTIFUL. The resort gives us a tour of some waterfalls and hot springs. There's also a golf course available and of course, shopping and the beach! Other than that, I hope we are SO lazy and care free that we don't know what to do with ourselves!

Until the week of January 22, you probably won't here from us. We'll either be getting rehearsed to get married, getting married, or getting our St. Lucia on.

Love y'all- Sally Beth and GT

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every minute of it!! Congratulations. You are going to be a beautiful bride!! :)

    ReplyDelete